Monday, January 3, 2011

Hero A Day - Draco Nyx



Nyx is the second of the Draco tankers I created.  I liked the look of Draco Rex and I really like Fire Aura as a defensive power set so I decided to theme a group of fire tanks on one account with similar names and looks to Draco Rex. One power combination I wanted to try was Fire Aura / Dark Melee and thus was born...

DRACO NYX

Fire Aura is my favorite defensive set - decent resistance to smashing and lethal defense to start, then a damage aura, a self-heal, and an endurance recovery attack are all available before 10th level, making for a well-rounded character before offensive sets are even considered. Burn at level 18 is a nice offensive type power as well. Plus, and not inconsiderable in it's importance, Fire Aura just looks good.

Dark Melee is a strong offensive set that in addition to decent attacks adds another self heal at level 16 in Siphon Life.  Dark attacks also carry a -tohit component that strengthens Fire Aura's resistance by making more attacks miss.

Synergies - If an effort is made to improve defense through IO's and pool powers, then the strong resistance of Fire combined with the defensive boost of Dark and bolstered by 2 self-healing powers and an endurance boost makes for a very resilient tank and one that has good offensive capabilities as well.

For pool, powers I'm going with Flight (theme, prob only Air Superiority and Fly), Fighting, and possibly either leadership (though I'm not sure he needs more toggles) or maybe Medicine to stay with the idea of resilience, I'm not sure yet.

Much of the look was determined by the precedent set with Draco Rex.It's mainly the Monstrous parts with the veteran reward Demonic Wings, the Organic Armor shoulders, and the Valkyrie chest plate and belt. I thought about going with black for a color scheme but it's been done and I wanted something more colorful and so went with a more purple scheme.

Draco Nyx is still fairly low level but looking good so far. He runs on Virtue server whenever possible so if you see a big purple flaming lizard run by, give a shout out.

No comments:

Post a Comment