Thursday, January 6, 2011

Hero A Day - Bituminous Man



One of my earlier tanker concepts was prompted by the "stone" costume - what if it was coal, rather than something like granite? Thus was born...

BITUMINOUS MAN

The idea was that coal as stone armor might not be great but coal is known for burning, so I went with Fire Aura for the primary - one of my first fire tanks as a mater of fact. I went with a an almost black base color with a red-orange blend pattern towards the midsection.

For the secondary I liked the way the big hammers of Stone Mallet looked so I went with Stone Melee using the lava option and making the colors match the rest of the costume - black and orange.

This ended up as both an effective character (see my many other postings on my love of fire tanks) and a visually unified one (the colors lined up well for all of these powers and costume parts) and a thematically it's funny (or "light" at least) while still being unified - if a man fell into a burning coal bunker and gained super powers from it this is what he might look like.

I enjoyed running Bituminous around so much that I also created Anthracite Man with the same setup (more red less yellow) on another server and briefly created Lignite Man as well. Though now deleted both of them may make a return appearance, one of them probably as a brute just because I'm trying to avoid duplicating powerset combinations on the same archetype. I may also try out the Omega aura as a supplement to the Fire Armor glow - we'll just have to see.

The Man of Coal currently lives on Freedom server.

No comments:

Post a Comment