Friday, January 7, 2011

Hero A Day - Star Crusader


On one of our accounts I decided to add a new theme team - Invulnerability Tankers, Brutes, and Scrappers. I wanted them to also share a similar look, sort of a tech-knight, and a similar color scheme which would mostly be red, white, and silver. Now Star Paladin was the first of these but he's a scrapper and I've been focusing on tanks so we will start with...

STAR CRUSADER

My second Star-character was a tanker and I knew I wanted a particular look for him, one I had seen on a few characters in my travels. It mainly involved the Valkyrie shoulder plates, Cyborg limbs, and one of the Martial Arts helmets. So I started with a pretty good idea of the look I wanted and I already knew that his primary would be Invulnerability - all that was left was determining the secondary power set.

I admit I went ahead and designed the costume first. Then I went back and both considered tanker secondaries that I had not tried and played around with how they would look with my costume. I tried various combinations and ended up with Battle Axe because 1) I haven't played an Axe tank and 2) the Fantasy Axe looked really good with the costume. Oddly enough the Tech Axe looks too small next to that torso and shoulder pad set so I skipped it and used the big double-bladed axe because it looked like it was this guy's "size". So after some final tweaks to the costume he was good to go.

All of the Star characters will likely take Flight for movement and will probably add rocket boots at a later time. Crusader will also have Fighting and after that we will see.

Now in the late teens SC is ready to roll and leveling up when I can find the time. He's on Infinity server.

No comments:

Post a Comment