Monday, December 27, 2010

Hero A Day - Oakenshield



I decided to delete one (low-level) character from an account and move him to a different account where he fit the theme better. This left me with a tanker hole on Triumph server where I play with the family a lot. I had heard good things about Invulnerability/Dark Melee as a combo set and wanted to try it out. I was also out of ideas for the time being on stone looks or dragon looks so I decided to go in a different direction and thus was born...

Oakenshield

Invulnerability is one of my favorite defense sets, especially on a tank. It's pretty straightforward, there really aren't any tricks to it.  The offensive aspect of it comes late but it's a strong set and looks good. There's a good guide to starting it out here if you are interested in it and need some guidance.

Dark Melee is a set that I have more experience with on the scrapper side than the tank side but I am liking it so far. For Oakenshield. Combining Invuln's Dull Pain heal with Dark's Siphon Life heal. this should be a pretty durable character.

For Travel Power I'm trying out Super Speed and we'll see how that goes. Aong the pools this one may take Medicine for the thematic impact. Beyond that it's probably Leadership or Fighting.

For the look I wanted a nature spirit/walking tree theme as when creating Charcoal Man I had thought that the Omega set might work for a wood/tree look with the right coloring. I tried it out and thought it worked, so then it was just a matter of the face. Bio-organic face, organic armor on the head, green leaves for hair, big green full beard, and a glowing green alpha combat aura on the eyes completed the look. The Invulnerability powers are colored a bright green and I've given Dark Melee a bright green color to represent life energy.

I'm very happy with the look hough I admit I'm not sure what else I will do with him as far as other costumes and alternate looks. There's really no doubt about what he is and I think he fits the powers quite well.

Oakenshield runs on Triumph server, mostly solo right now but is always happy to join a team.

No comments:

Post a Comment