Wednesday, March 10, 2010

OOC: Fire Tanks

Lots of activity over the weekend with XPXP weekend and I rediscovered something I thought I had been wrong about - Fire Tanks are a blast! Draco Rex (Fire/Super Strength) went from SL8 to SL17 in one run over the weekend and he was a ton of fun to play. He began with the basic fire armor power, plus he had the fiery aura (damaging radius effect) and during the run added healing flames (a self-heal) and the endurance boost power - this set of 4 powers means he is tough, causes damage to all enemies around him, can self heal (besides rest) and can boost his own endurance! It's a great combination that makes him relatively self-sufficient for a tanker - he doesn't need an empathy defender sidekick and even if he has one, he is not dependent on them to get through a tough spot in a big fight. I know in the long run it's not as tough as a Stone tank or maybe an invulnerability tank, but it is a lot more fun at these lower levels right now. Most of my other tankers have been Invul tanks and they are a little bland in both looks and powers. Regarding looks, fire is awesome - electric ain't bad and I haven't played an ice tanker yet, but fire looks good both in a fight and just running down the street. It's renewed my interest in tanking and I now have 4 of them:

Draco Rex - Green Fire/SS Tanker on Infinity
Bituminous Man - Red Fire/Stone on Justice
Anthracite Man - Orange Fire/Stone on Champion
Plutonium Man - Blue Fire/Energy on Freedom

I may add another on Virtue just to have one of my favorites available, probably Uranium Man or Lignite Man to continue the themes.

No comments:

Post a Comment